1. How did you begin to design your Page Spread?
First, I took a look at my criteria:
- Two Pages
- Header Text Box /Title
- Body Text with 3 columns (reference the grid and composition presentation found under resources)
- 2 Image with Wrap Around
2. Did you consider grids and columns to best design your composition choice?
Since columns were in the criteria, I did take that into account. However, I had gone in with the blind assumption that I could do two, so I started writing with a plan, and then had to write just a bit more to fill in the space. Looking back, I think I should have taken some words out and made the picture on that spread bigger, but hey-o, we'll see what we can do.
3. When you applied a grid did it help to design the Page Spread?
I may have missed this step. I like to believe I have an eye far greater than that of a snapping grid, but to be frank, that's probably 50% of my problems!
4. When would using InDesign be the best option? What features did you find are very useful for using InDesign?
Honestly, like Microsoft Publisher, I think it's useful for everything. The fact that it can handle text and images in the same application, and so smoothly (as well as its now-smoother Cloud transitions) is phenomenal. I still have a lot to learn, but I hope this is a program I grow to love.